Job Title: Compliance Support Specialist
Purpose of the Job
The Compliance Support Specialist serves as support to the Director of Regulatory. The Compliance Support Specialist is a key supporting role in process improvement, regulation compliance and best practices for the business.
Who We Are
Tennessee Distilling Group is a premier supplier of Tennessee Whiskey roughly 45 miles south of Nashville, TN. We are a contract manufacturing facility that makes traditional Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey and Bourbon for our brand partners across the United States and around the world.
What You Can Expect
Fundamental to our core values, our commitment is to develop and promote each individual while harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse team. We are committed to our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off, and much more! The whiskey industry is fast paced, and our business continues to experience high growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Regular use of Excel including formulas and detailed analysis for assistance in Regulatory team tracking and decision making
- Assist site in maintaining compliance with the Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) through regular on-site self-assurance audits.
- Support operations and plant finance with yearly physical inventories of bulk, barrels, and finished goods.
- Prepare for and assist in TTB audits and other sites in preparation for and during audits.
- Assist in executing tasks in compliance with federal and state regulations.
- Interpret federal and state excise tax regulation and identify risk pertaining to noncompliance.
- Support the compliance team in driving changes in practices and procedures that result in regulatory updates.
- Timeliness, quality and accuracy of tax payments, customer reports, and other transactions.
- Interaction with site management teams, government, export shipping agents, external distillers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, accounting, or equivalent degree with financial or relevant audit, operational background.
- Proficiency in computer skills, including high capability with MS Excel.
- Strong analytical abilities, including proven analytical/financial modeling skills.
- Strong accounting, planning, reporting, analysis, and controls understanding.
- Proven ability to distill out complex business issues and provide logical, compelling, and clear plans for action.
- Ability to effectively communicate at all levels, both verbal and written, with internal stakeholders, external government agencies, and external vendors and customers.
- Must be very detail oriented.
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently.
- Ability to problem solve and think critically about complex challenges.
- Ability to establish priorities, work under pressure and hit key deadlines.
- Ability to and interest in learning industry specifics, practices and protocols as needed.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Overall Strength Demands: Sedentary strength demands include exerting up to 10 pounds occasionally or negligible weights frequently; sitting most of the time.
- Physical Demands: Continuously requires vision, hearing, twisting, and talking. Frequently requires standing, fine dexterity, sitting, and handling. Occasionally requires walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending, and crouching. Rarely requires climbing.
- Machines, Tools, Equipment, and Work Aids: Telephone, calculator, printer, copier, and automobile.
- Computer Equipment and Software: Computer; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Internet, and HTE.
- Maintain regular work attendance during scheduled hours.
- Acknowledge and adhere to all company policies.
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments.). This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.
Job Type: Full-time