This job is scheduled for 8 hours shifts. Some weekend On-call responsibilities and some overtime as production needs demand.
Purpose of the Job
The Warehouse Technician is responsible for functions throughout the warehousing of products for Tennessee Distilling Group. The Warehouse Barrel Technician is responsible for ensuring that product and supplies associated with the production and storage of product is properly maintained and tracked through physical and electronic records inside the warehouse.
Who We Are
Tennessee Distilling Group is a premier supplier of Tennessee Whiskey roughly 45 miles south of Nashville, TN. We are a contract manufacturing facility that makes traditional Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey and Bourbon for our brand partners across the Unites States and around the world.
What You Can Expect
Fundamental to our core values, our commitment is to develop and promote each individual while harnessing the combined strengths of our diverse team. We are committed to our team members and offer a comprehensive benefits package which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k with company match, Paid Time Off, and much more! The whiskey industry is fast paced and our business continues to experience high growth.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
· Operate Forklift moving product/materials in and around various warehouses.
· Loading/Unloading trucks using Forklifts, pallet jacks, or dollies.
· Scan and document all Warehousing Inventory/product movements around campus.
· Load/Unload empty barrel trucks by hand
· Roll/Fill barrels by hand according to Production Schedule.
· Flip and Stack barrels using Forklift.
· Dump Barrels in accordance with Work Orders.
· Maintain Logs and documentation correctly according to the current job.
· Move product in/out of production areas in accordance with production schedule.
· Operate TDG owned vehicles on or off Campus for work related matter.
· Maintain a clean work environment in accordance with Company standards
· Ability to run pressure washers outside.
· Perform work ordered by team leads or supervisor.
· Pull Samples using hand tools from selected product
· Load/Unload tankers
· Assist other departments within the company if necessary.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One Year of Forklift Experience – Two years preferred
- Two years manufacturing experience
- Willing to work weekend call shifts
- Willing to work overtime as needed
- Work a 7:00 AM – 3:00 PM Shift
- Maintain regular work attendance during scheduled hours
- Acknowledge and adhere to all company policies
Physical and Mental Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Frequently required to sit, stand, and kneel
- Efficient communicator
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Frequently move more than 50lbs with assistance of lifting equipment or other team member
- Ability to analyze situations logically to identify causes and draw solid conclusions
- Ability to anticipate the consequences of a situation
- Ability to modify one’s own behavior to meet expectations of others
- Ability to sustain one’s own emotions from interfering with responding effectively to internal and external customer’s needs
- Exposure to indoor and outdoor environments that include extreme cold, wet, or hot weather.
- Exposure to steam
- Exposure to alcohol odor/vapor
- Exposure to moving vehicles such as trucks, forklifts, tow motor, etc.
- Exposure to loud and congested work environment
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 – $18.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Manufacturing: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: One location