Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Supervisor: Maintenance Lead
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Purpose of Job
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for maintenance functions throughout the full campus. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for ensuring that all equipment and structures within the campus remains in proper working order to include preventative maintenance and repair maintenance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
• Perform routine preventative maintenance as directed by Lead Maintenance Technician.
• Perform repairs to equipment and structures as directed by Lead Maintenance Technician.
• Maintain safety standards related to a manufacturing environment.
• Manage time so as to be proactive to prioritize maintenance task.
• Must analyze situations so as to direct own work in the absence of Lead Maintenance Technician when emergent events occur.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
• High School Diploma or GED.
• 1-2 years of industrial maintenance experience or certification in place of experience.
• Must have 2 years of on-the-job industrial maintenance experience.
• Must have strong electrical, pneumatics, and basic PLC experience.
• Must be proficient with basic tooling.
• Welding experience preferred.
• Must have basic computer understanding in preventative maintenance program.
• Must have the ability to collect and analyze information and make decisions.
• Must have the ability to work in a strong team-based environment.
• Must have strong time management skills
• Must be able to direct one’s own work in the event of emergent situations.
• Must be proactive in maintaining equipment and structures.
Physical and Mental Requirements
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Frequently required to sit, stand, kneel, stoop, or squat
• Use hands or fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls
• Reach with hands and arms
• Talk, hear and communicate with other employees or customers.
• Specific vision ability to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus
• Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
• Occasionally move more than 50lbs with assistance of lifting equipment or other team member.
• Ability to analyze situations logically to identify causes and draw solid conclusions
• Ability to anticipate the consequences of a situation
• Ability to modify one’s own behavior to meet expectations of others
• Ability to sustain one’s own emotions from interfering with responding effectively to internal and external customer’s needs.
• Exposure to indoor and outdoor environments that include extreme cold, wet, or hot weather.
• Exposure to steam.
• Exposure to alcohol odor/vapor.
• Exposure to moving vehicles such as trucks, forklifts, tow motor, etc.
• Exposure to loud and congested work environment.
• Maintain regular work attendance during scheduled hours
• Acknowledge and adhere to all company policies
This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts, or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed when circumstances change (i.e., emergencies, changes in personnel, workload, rush jobs or technological developments.). This job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment.